At Black Press, we look for baristas who care deeply about the job they perform. We also strive to find people who deeply value customer service, personal connection, and are energetic problem solvers. Furthermore, we look for learners who constantly wish to further not only their craft but the hospitality industry as a whole. Finally and most importantly, we look for team players who are willing to go above and beyond whether that is taking out the trash, wiping down tables, or creating that perfect beverage.
- Passion for coffee
- High level of professionalism
- Ability to multi task in a high volume environment
- The ability to clearly and confidently communicate who we are and the coffee we serve
- Able to stand, walk, bend and push, pull and lift 30lbs.
- Existing Food Handler’s Certification required for the state you will be working in, or will obtain it within 30 days post-hire
- Willingness to learn and grow through feedback
- Engage with guests. Make every moment count.
- Stay knowledgeable about Black Press’s current beverage and food offerings and preparation techniques; continuously cultivating your own curiosity and knowledge through in-house tastings, cuppings, and trainings
- Uphold and follow all health, food safety, and safety guidelines
- Maintain a clean work and customer environment through bussing, constant cleaning, and organization
- Clearly and effectively communicate daily needs to other team members as well as management
- Handle money effectively and efficiently
- Create, to company standards, consistently delicious beverages and food
- >1 year of customer service experience